Type of personal data processed and processing pur
1) Data provided voluntarily by users
The user may voluntarily provide the Controller with its personal data, with specific reference to personal information, e-mail address and other contact data, in the following circumstances:
- sending communications by e-mail to the addresses provided in this website;
- filling in online contact forms present on this website to request assistance;
subscribing to the periodical newsletter;
- taking part in surveys to investigate the quality of services offered;
- creating its own account.
The personal data provided are collected, processed and stored by the process Controller for the following purposes:
- to respond to communications received;
- to respond to the requests for assistance (including reports on any disservice);
- to send newsletters and other information and/or advertising material for products and services offered by the process Controller;
- to generate and manage user accounts;
- to process data collected during surveys conducted to assess the level of satisfaction with services provided.
The personal data supplied are processed by the Controller solely for the time needed to achieve the purpose they were collected for. Once that purpose has been achieved, the personal data are deleted or made irreversibly anonymous.
Users using the forums, or other channels, to publish their contents, hence including their personal data, on this website, acknowledge that information made public can be read, collected and used by third parties who have no relationship with the Controller, also to send unwanted messages. The Controller declares that it is not responsible for any improper use that third parties could make of the personal data that users decided to publish through the channels mentioned.
2) Navigation data
During their normal operations and solely for the connection duration, the information systems operating this website acquire some personal data transmitted implicitly on using internet communication protocols. This information is not collected to be associated with identified data subjects but, for its very nature, could enable user identification through processing and association with data held by third parties. This data category includes: IP addresses or the names of computers used by users to connect to this website; URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of the resources requested, the time requests are made, the method used to submit requests to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the answer given by the server (successful, error, etc.), the characteristics of the browser used for navigation purposes, the size of the window in which the browser is performed in the device used, and other parameters related to the user’s operating system and computer environment. These data are only to collect anonymous statistics on how this website is used and to check it operates correctly, and are deleted straight after processing. The data could be used to ascertain responsibilities in any hypothetical computer crimes damaging the website. In that occurrence too, the contact data do not last longer than seven days.
Cookies are small strings of text that the website sends and memorises in the user’s device; to then be used by the website itself at the user’s next visit. During navigation, the user’s device may also receive cookies sent by different websites or web servers (belonging to so-called “third parties”), on which there could be elements (for example, images, maps, sounds, specific links to the pages of other domains) present on the website visited. Cookies are used for different purposes such as performing IT authentication, monitoring sessions, memorising information on specific configurations concerning users accessing the server.
Cookies can be technical or profiling.
- Technical cookies: technical cookies can be divided into session cookies (guaranteeing normal website navigation and use) and permanent cookies (cookie analytics, used to collect information in an aggregated form, on the number of users and on how they visit the website; functionality cookies enabling the user to navigate based on selected criteria, for example, language etc.). Prior user consent is not needed to install those cookies. Technical cookies are installed in the user’s device in order to identify the user when it logs in to websites, to analyse navigation in order to continuously optimise it and to conduct analysis to improve website aspect, functionalities and security. This website uses technical cookies enabling personalised navigation, based on criteria entered in the website by the user.
- Profiling cookies: profiling cookies create user profiles and are used to send advertising messages in line with preferences shown by the user itself when navigating online. By law, the user has to have expressed valid consent before those cookies can be installed. Profiling cookies can be used for remarketing / retargeting activities in order to present users with advertising for the products and services they have already seen on third party websites (e.g. social network like facebook, etc.). This website might also use tag pixels / web beacons, that is images incorporated in the website to measure and analyse its use. Lastly, it could also use third party multimedia widgets / plug-ins to enable sharing website contents on social networks. Those interactive programs collect the IP addresses of users, the website page visited and configure cookies to enable the widgets / plug-ins to function correctly. The operations that users can do through those widgets / plug-ins are regulated by the privacy policies of the third parties (e.g. social networks like facebook) providing them.
The user can avoid the Controller using cookies by setting its navigation browser settings. However, users who choose to eliminate the technical cookies from their devices, or to stop their storage, might not have access to all website functionalities. Even if the user disables all cookies, the user’s browser will still memorise a small amount of information needed for basic website functionalities.
Here below please find a list of the cookies used on our website, both proprietary and of third parties: